Sunday, March 29, 2009

Qing Ming Festival in Melaka

I was back in Melaka for Qing Ming festival over the last weekend. It had been a while since I last pay my respect to my ancestors. I remembered the last Qing Ming I attended was back in 2005 in Kampar, praying for my ex-gf's ancestors.

Woke up at 7AM, myself, dad & my youngest brother, drove all the way to Sungai Udang, a rural area in Melaka. Upon reaching there, my uncle was already cleaning the tomb. We would clean up the tomb, picking wild grass and sweep the area clean.



We then would place the "money paper" on top of the tomb area to mark our presence there.



The picture below is my great grandparents tomb.



While the following picture is the tomb of my grandparents. We would place food, fruits & tea as offerings to the passed on. We spent approximately 2 hours cleaning up and do the necessary proceedings.



After that, we headed to my auntie's place for brunch. It always felt good to have home-cooked food. Saliva drooling huh?







How was your Qingming?

No comments: