Sunday, January 06, 2008

Advertlets Bankrupted

Dr Chua Soi Lek's issue aside, the above title is the most interesting this week. I made a discovery as well when I googled "Advertlets Sucks", my post was top of the list and I believe many small time bloggers had been conned by this so called"Asia's Better Blog Advertising Network"

Many Advertlets loyals who have yet to remove the ad html code from their site will be affected with their site to be redirected into another page. The only solution to it is to remove the codes totally from your site and for those who are still very much into that conman company, you can still check the latest news on the free blogspot site here.

I am not very sure how many people are actually affected by this scam. As of today, I received only one email from my reader with the nick Peace Love (Mike Ng), here is what he got to say,
"Hi, just to introduce myself first, i'm Mike, yeah same name as you, except my surname is Ng. i also have the same prob as u all. i have yet to receive my rm200++ and with a "will get back to you soon" message from Adverlets support team. i have earlier left a comment on slowcatchupkuan's post also... as for my blog, i have not yet put anything similar to ur 3 post or slowcatchupkuan post.... hope to hear from you soon. and from wat i can see, there are quite alot of us tat are in the same situation."

Advertlets support team? Support team = Josh? Should have redefined the word 'team' to 'personnel' instead. I hold no grudges nor I am pissed, I am not sure either if Josh gonna call me again and tell me his grandmother stories of why the domain was not renewed. Time is bad, cari makan susah, just do not want the entire Malaysia & Singapore blogging community being used and conned, each & every corner of our site has a value and it will be wiser to let the expert to do the advertisement marketing for us.

This week itself, I got "Youth Malaysia", "LG Viewty" & "JobsDB" occupying my ad spaces. So who is the first & best advertising network company, you decide now. The Power Is In Your Hand.

:)

9 comments:

ZB said...

Advertlets no money pay bill?

How would Josh Lim handle the damage control now...

Anonymous said...

I don't think they are a scam. We'll have to wait till subsequent facts bear this out.

But I do think that this incident is really really pathetic.

s.kuan said...

Mike,

ur at it again LOL. Advertlets really causing alot of problemo for bloggers out there. do tell us the 'granny stories' if he calls LOL this is so farny! wakaka

Seizhin said...

I got the redirected problem this morning.

Hm, I'm starting to wonder if Adverlets ever has an office like the Nuffnang or not.

Anonymous said...

no matter if he's not bankrupt or he's restoring the domain, or every blog has link back to the domain, i bet most of them would not restore the banner codes in their blogs ever again..

Anonymous said...

Hmm... luckily I didn't ride on the boat. I placed the code some time ago, and found that it loads up quite slowly and affected the rest of the side bar and whatever comes below it. I was worried it gives my visitors bad experience, so I removed it within a couple of days.

I hope you get paid, at least before they officially closing down.

Anonymous said...

luckily I remove the ads a month a go

Anonymous said...

advertlets sucks to the max. sucks until i have no words to describe them.

MikeM said...

esther... they suppose to have the money, just tat the money went elsewhere...

psa... bcos of that hundreds of blogs r inaccessible...

slowcat... surprisingly, he never called but i received a funny email fr him today...

seizhin... they do not hav office, they work in an apartment in Aman Suria area...

yatz... u r right man...

suzette... im not part of them too... i smell conman...

skycrew... not many people like u... but glad u r not affected...

nufflets... hopefully u learn fr ur experience working wif them :)

barb... thanks, but money is not everything :P