Monday, August 06, 2007

Weekend Back Home


With all this doughnut craze that is hitting the blogosphere, I bought half a dozen of J&Co for the famous nicolekiss. Check out her blog entry here (though she spelt my name wrongly), I'm glad she enjoyed it.


I just arrived here in the office from Malacca this morning. It had been a great weekend with plenty of good food and good quality time spent with my family. Spent my Saturday noon with my dad, having lunch with him and it had been a while since I last spent my personal time with him alone. Went to this Assam Pedas restaurant near his office, we finished the whole fish head by ourselves plus a side dish. I bet you will never find any Assam Pedas near to this quality in KL.




After lunch, spent my whole afternoon in Starbucks, Mahkota Parade updating my blog, chatting & resting my drained soul to an iced latte. Later that evening brought my parents for dinner, since there were only 3 of us, we had a simple dinner at a restaurant we always frequent.


Went grocery shopping after that @ TESCO (bought plenty plenty of beer), it was pretty chaotic as it is the only hypermart that is available in Malacca. There will be a MYDIN up pretty soon, hopefully the other hypermarts will follow suit, Malacca is booming booming booming...



Sunday - woke up about noon, decided to go for a cleaner cut after much comments on my hair blog entry a few posting ago. Went to this salon, pretty happy with my cut that only cost me RM15, significant change, as I walked in office today, everyone was like, "You cut your hair!", OBVIOUSLY... duh... wtf...

BEFORE...

and AFTER...


Since I know I won't be going back that soon after this trip (plan to go back for merdeka, anyone interested?), all of sudden I had this craving for Cendol Melaka, so again drove all the way down to the town to hunt for it. Found this famous place that operating beside the infamous Chinese cemetery in Bukit China. Not up to my expectation though, so much lesser cendol & kacang merah.


Went for seafood dinner @ Portuguese Settlement, Malacca. It had been a while since I last visited this place. So much changes already this place. There are a few seafood restaurants over there, I believe all serve rather the same kind of food.



And we decided to go for this restaurant, "SEA TERRACE"



It's nice to have great food with great scenery, we sat near the jetty. The best thing about Malacca is that great food does not necessarily comes with a great damage. The price is rather reasonable, and if you like hot & spicy sea food, this is one of the most recommended place in Malacca.






Hungry? Let's hunt this coming merdeka holiday ya. Anyone?

4 comments:

py said...

wa lao!!!so delicious!!!!

kennethnorman said...

i wana eat the fry 'or jien' sumwhere near melaka raya i think..

tanalan2 said...

hey da ikan bakar looks nice n spicy.......sure yummy yummy wan.

mg said...

wah! nice food pics. making me hungry now. haha.

have to agree that Tesco is really a headache during weekends. argh!! but carrefour is coming next year! yeay..