Thursday, October 18, 2007

Blogger Tips

Ever since I accidentally hit a button on blogger dashboard, I lost everything except for my post and it is a pretty tedious job to do to keep everything on track again, a reader today told me she misses the previous layout, blue is a little too gloomy. This current layout is however by default a template by blogger, I am thinking of a total makeover with new banner as well. Give me a little bit of time, but in the meantime I will still blog consistently.

And talking about makeover, any designer blogger/reader who willing to assist me on this? The most buy you people a good dinner at TGIF :) If not, I will need to get expertise to do it for me in which they will charge :(

While picking up the bits & pieces of this blog again, I found out something which perhaps might be useful for my other blogger friends, maybe most of you all already know but sharing is caring mah :)



If you also observe, I changed my favicon from the normal "Blogger" icon to "M" icon. So whenever my page is viewed or bookmarked, the "M" icon will show instead of the traditional "Blogger" icon.

TO

Here is the step-by-step on "How to Create Favicon on Blogger"
1) Create a favicon. I created my favicon here. Save the file as favicon.ico
2) Find a host for the file, I hosted my file at MyFavatar, sign up and upload your favicon
3) MyFavatar will generate a HTML code to be placed on Blogger
4) Copy & paste the codes and place it between "head" & "/head" on your Blogger template
5) Save settings, refresh your blog a few times and voila.


So have you change your favicon yet? Good luck

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOO like that ar? hehe! get well soon. Jane

Cutiez said...

thank you~ !! i havent get one .. wait till i got time .. muaha~~

Chris said...

huuaaahhhh tried to create one just now...but damn slow leh...tonite i try again...cool

Chris said...

ini yg ku hairan ni...your favicon oni works if viewed using firefox...if using IE, still shows B icon...

MikeM said...

hi jane... easy kan to have a favicon?

maegen... get one lar it's cool...

chris... try to update ur IE, i use both firefox n IE7.0, can see...

tulipspeaks said...

interesting tip.. let me try.


ammu.

zewt said...

hmmm... dont quite understand number 4 though..

MikeM said...

tulips... good luck...

zewt... no.4 ar? oh ya, i will do the correction... thanks for the enlightening... :)

Kenji's Dad said...

so we have the same template... great minds think alike..

MikeM said...

hehehe mike, i agree...