Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bloggers Buff 2007


It is a Sunday, woke up @ 7.30am to attend the above mentioned workshop for bloggers. It is always pretty fucked up to know that you need to wake up that early as you had been CHEONGing and stayed up late the previous night. But mate, trust me it had been a worthwhile trip down to the workshop though. And fuck, I cannot recall the last time I got a certificate, perhaps college days? Thanks Blogger's Buff 2007!!!


This workshop is discussing on how to be a responsible bloggers. I gotta admit though that I am enlightened by some of the influential speakers and it is good to meet up other bloggers and shared our experiences. No familiar face though when I first reached until Tim arrived together with Samantha. My first meeting up with Sam although been hearing about her alot from Tim's blog.

Tim gave a very powerful and influential talk about of course Nuffnang and of course shared with us some of his blogging experiences, while I chatted with Sam on the incident that happened on Friday nite. It is good to know that she is doing fine, just some minor bruises & scratches on her leg. Hey Sam, by any chance you are reading this, nice meeting you... Looking forward to our Bak Kut Teh session ya... and of cos nice catching up Boss...




And one featured blogger for this workshop which I need to take my hat off. She is the blogger that touches many hearts including mine. It is good to meet her in person and her sharing gave me more will to continue my passion here on mikemmery. Yvoone Foong, you are seriously inspiring to all of us in the bloggersphere. She was one of the VIP speaker for this workshop and shared with us her amazing journey in the blogging's world. Bought her merchandise, my sincere support to her. Keep it going Yvonne!!!



And the next agenda, phew, I was stunned when the man himself SMS-ed Tim saying he's coming. I was like wtf I am meeting the man himself. Yeah, Kenny made a surprise turn-up to the workshop, no one expected it, I think other bloggers were like a little bit stoned. Hmm... in real life, Kenny... hmm... well... he is fat... but I am FATTER k... very humble man I would say and I do not know whether he is bullshitting me or not, he said he knew I left comments on his space. What was our conversation about? The Shine phone of course and damn I forgotten to ask him how was it like to see turtle mating together with Nicole... :P


This workshop had been a really colourful ones. And I believe it had been informative to bloggers who attended it, there might be another round in 6 months time. Now since I graduated from this workshop, can I say that I am a responsible blogger???

8 comments:

mg said...

haha.. looks interesting. what's cheonging? :)

gossip with david said...

Cool MIke!!! I wish I could join the second meet up... It is interesting!!!

kennethnorman said...

lucky it does not watse ur weekend misreably...haha..glad that u enjoyed it n snapped a photo with kenny the sia

tulipspeaks said...

oppss! didn't realise i was actually 'in btwn' u & kenny. sorry mate!

thanks alot for participating. hope to see you again in 6 months time! ;)



amutha.
organizing commitee
BB 2007

BMahendran said...

hey there dude!
thanks for coming to BB. Was great to have met you..haaa..
had tonnes of fun yesterday.

no mention of project director ha?? haahahah!
another conspiracy~

Mahendran
www.BMahendran.com

Danny said...

It was great to meet other bloggers once again. The last time I did that was like ages ago with ShaolinTiger and the rest. :)

Well, hope to see everyone again in 6 months. Maybe by that time, all of us become real seasonal blogger. ;)

MikeM said...

michelle: Cheong is like having a fun great nite in hokkien...

david: pls join us... this saturday there will b a gathering for bloggers... feel free to join ya...

kenneth: he is a great guy...

tulips: surely will attend ur next buff... keep in touch ya...

mahendran: great job on the BB... will attend ur next one, i promised!!

danny: nice meeting u too :)

Danny said...

My summarized version of the event is up. Thanks for the photo Mike.

Hope you didn't mind me ripping from your blog and editing it abit. Put names mar. :P

http://www.dannyfoo.com/blog/2007/07/malaysia-bloggers-buff-2007/

Cheers.

p/s: One of the LG hotties look like a friend of mine. LOL!